Every dental practice is unique and should be able to identify a number of distinctive selling points. The following list can help you get started:
- Doctor and Staff (schools attended, family, interests, charitable activities, etc.)
- Location (easy to reach, free parking, near major shopping areas, etc.)
- Environment (furnishings, refreshments, wi-fi, reading materials, etc.)
- Technology/Services (the best, the latest, the fastest, etc.)
- Financial (insurance accepted, financing options, free services)
- Praise from other patients (testimonials)
- Educational (home care instructions, advice on dental issues, etc.)
- Scheduling (special hours, staying on schedule, etc.)
It makes sense to involve the whole team in identifying possible differentiators and then selecting those which are likely to be most appealing.
Getting the Word Out
Once your practice has determined what sets it apart from others, come up with a marketing plan that will effectively communicate your differentiators. The strategies you choose will depend, in part, on your differentiators. For example, to promote your practice’s engagement in the community, attend local health fairs and other events, submit dental health articles to local papers and websites, etc.
Many differentiators relate to customer service. Patients who experience them first-hand can then be encouraged to refer family members, friends, neighbors, fellow workers and others to your practice. This kind of word-of-mouth advertising could prove to be the most effective element in your marketing plan.
Learn more about Levin Group’s marketing consulting program.
[thb_button link=”https://levingroup.com/practicesuccess/” class=”pull-right” style=”” rounded=”” color=”black” icon=”” size=”medium” animation=”right” ]Back to Practice Success Archive »[/thb_button]